The Southern Environmental Law Center (SELC) is seeking to hire a full-time IT Associate to join their IT team. This IT Associate position supports day to day troubleshooting on all SELC desktop hardware and software related issues coming through the organization’s tech queue. This position is located in Charlottesville, Virginia, and directly interfaces with staff at our Charlottesville offices, as well as offering remote support through the Southeast as part of a growing team of IT Associates.
Job Duties Summary
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Providing distributed desktop support, desktop and infrastructure maintenance, installation services, and problem resolution, help desk support, and assisting users on a daily basis.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting Windows servers, workstations, and VDI clients local and remote.
- Administering Active directory accounts, password, profiles and permissions per standard operating procedures.
- Performing technical modifications, group policy, and configuration changes per standard operating procedures on a regular basis.
- Install/uninstall computer hardware components to include internal and peripheral devices, memory chips, video cards, hard drives, printers, network interface cards, and other peripheral devices.
- An Associate’s Degree in a technology field or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Three or more years’ related work experience.
- The candidate should at a minimum possess knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 Server, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, Active Directory, and VMWare (ESXi and Horizon), MAC OS, and Microsoft Office 2010/2019.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; a genuine interest in and commitment to helping SELC create and foster a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel.
- Must be able to lift minimum 50 lbs., be available for occasional overnight travel, and rotating on-call shift.
- Comp TIA A+, SQL, iManage Work, and MS Great Plains accounting knowledge a plus.
- Basic understanding of LAN Networking (VLANs, DNS and DHCP).
SELC offers salaries competitive with other leading environmental non-profits nationally, and provides an excellent benefits package. The starting salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience. For more details about our benefits package, please visit our Careers page.
To apply, please send in one email a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Kevin Poindexter at [email protected]. Please include “IT Associate” in the subject line. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About SELC: With nine offices across the region (Charlottesville, VA; Chapel Hill, NC; Atlanta, GA; Charleston, SC; Washington, DC; Birmingham, AL; Nashville, TN; Asheville, NC; and Richmond, VA), SELC is widely recognized as the Southeast’s foremost environmental organization and regional leader. SELC works on a full range of environmental issues to protect the South’s natural resources and the health and well-being of its people. Although its regional focus is the Southeast, much of its work is national in scope and impact.
SELC works in Congress and state legislatures to inform environmental laws; in regulatory agencies to implement environmental laws and policies; and in the courts to enforce the law, stop the worst abuses, and set important precedents. The organization works collaboratively with more than 100 national, state, and local groups to enhance their efficacy and achieve common conservation goals. It currently has a staff of more than 130 individuals, with 80 attorneys, including some of the nation’s leading experts in their respective fields. Additional information is available at www.southernenvironment.org.
SELC believes that a broad range of ideas, life experiences, and backgrounds enriches our workplace, drives innovative thinking, and attracts highly talented people who seek a work environment that values the unique contributions of individual team members. We are eager to welcome new team members who share this belief. We still have much progress to make, but our goal is to create and maintain a staff that, at every level, reflect the rich racial and cultural diversity of the communities where we work and the clients that we serve. SELC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment. We are looking for people to join us in this effort. All qualified candidates receive equal consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or age. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.