Gift of Stock
Stock gifts are a particularly effective way to support SELC. If you own stock or other securities that have appreciated since you acquired them, you may face capital gains taxes when you sell them. Donating that stock to the Southern Environmental Law Center might be a wise decision for you because:
- Neither you nor SELC (a non-profit organization) must pay capital gains tax—meaning that SELC receives the full value of your stock;
- You can receive a charitable deduction for the full market value of your gift;
- You make an important contribution that furthers environmental work you care about.
To transfer stock to the Southern Environmental Law Center through our brokerage firm, contact Sandy von Thelen at D.A. Davidson at (434) 328-7643 or [email protected].
- D.A. Davidson’s DTC number is 0361.
- SELC’s account number is 7983-0141.
If you have additional questions about stock gifts, please reach out to us.
A gift for you and your future. Put SELC in your will.
Questions about our financials?
See SELC’s 990, audited financial statement and third party charity ratings.Learn More
General questions or comments?
Have a question or comment? Please email us below or reach out by mail at 201 West Main Street, Suite 14, Charlottesville, VA 22902.Contact Us