Making a bequest is simple and straightforward. Let your advisor know your wishes and they will put the appropriate language in your will. If you already have a will, there is no need to rewrite it to include SELC; your lawyer can add a bequest through a simple codicil.
The quickest way to make a bequest to SELC is by using our free online will-writing tool. We’ve partnered with FreeWill to give you access to an easy way to write your legally valid will, and create your legacy with SELC. The process takes less than 20 minutes to complete, and is always free. Write your will and begin your legacy today.
Suggested bequest language
Various bequest options (and suggested language that might be helpful to you and your advisor) that allow you to:
Take care of your loved ones first, then leave all—or a percentage—of the remainder of your estate to SELC.
- I give and bequeath to the Southern Environmental Law Center, Inc., 120 Garrett Street, Suite 400, Charlottesville, VA 22902 (Federal Tax ID Number 52-1436778) all (or state a percentage) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal.
State your intention by leaving a specific amount (or specific percentage of your total estate) to SELC.
- I give and bequeath to the Southern Environmental Law Center, Inc., (address and Fed ID number) the sum of $______.
- Or you may say “I give and bequeath to the Southern Environmental Law Center, Inc., (address and Fed ID number) _ percent of my estate.”
Make your gift to SELC contingent on other conditions being met, such as having a loved one predecease you.
- If (insert name) is not living at the time of my demise, I give and bequeath to the Southern Environmental Law Center, Inc., (address and Fed ID number) the sum of $______.
- Or you may say “all of my estate” or “__ percent of the remainder of my estate.”
Please call or email Deborah Donnelly at 434-218-7382 or [email protected] if you have any questions.
A gift for you and your future. Put SELC in your will.
SELC is known as having very smart lawyers who can see the bigger picture. They’re great in the courtroom, and they’re politically savvy…They’re real heavyweights.Alex Levinson, Deputy Legal Director, Sierra Club
Solutions start in the South. Let’s solve them together.
Questions about our financials?
See SELC’s 990, audited financial statement and third party charity ratings.Learn More
General questions or comments?
Have a question or comment? Please email us below or reach out by mail at 201 West Main Street, Suite 14, Charlottesville, VA 22902.Contact Us