Munashe represents SELC and its partners in legal advocacy and litigation before the North Carolina Utilities Commission, especially in cases involving clean energy, affordability, and energy burden. Munashe also often supports senior energy attorneys and other attorneys in legal or policy advocacy before other state and federal agencies.
I’m motivated by the opportunity to help support our clean energy and environmental coalition partners in advancing the clean energy transition in an equitable and sustainable manner,Munashe Magarira
Munashe said. His legal and policy advocacy focuses on offshore wind, which is the SELC work that energizes him the most.
Munashe lives in Durham, and before joining SELC, he served in multiple legal positions in state government. North Carolina is the most special place to him in the SELC region. The reason is simple. “It has been my home for the past 16 years,” he said.
- Public Staff – North Carolina Utilities Commission, staff attorney
- North Carolina Department of Justice, assistant attorney general
- North Carolina Office of the Governor, associate general counsel
- North Carolina Court of Appeals, judicial law clerk
- Johnston Allison & Hord, associate attorney
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law; , North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation, editor
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- With SELC since 2022